How does the LawnBott LB3510 / LB3550 compare to the LawnBott Evolution LB3210 / LB3250? We are comparing these two LawnBott robotic lawn mowers because there is a lot of overlap in lawn requirements and features.
Larger yards may simply require the LawnBott LB3510 but with lawn requirements put aside you may ask: Is it worth paying a few hundred dollars more to get the LawnBott LB3510?
LawnBott LB3210 and LawnBott LB3510 are the two most sophisticated household robotic lawn mowers available:
The LawnBott LB3210 robotic lawn mower was the flagship LawnBott model for several years. It is feature packed and can manage up to 33,000 sq. ft. of lawn. That is a typical 1 acre lot. When upgraded to LawnBott LB3250 with an extra lithium battery, it can handle up to 40,000 sq. ft. of yard or a 1.25 acre lot.
The LawBott LB3510 robot lawn mower is the current flagship LawnBott with more feature packed. It manages up to 40,000 sq.ft. of lawn or a 1.25 acre lot. The LawnBott LB3510 can be upgraded to LawnBott LB3550 with extra two lithium batteries, then it can mow up to 56,000 sq. ft of lawn or a 2 acre lot.
Here are the similarities between these two LawnBott robotic lawn mowers:
- Both lawn mowers can learn the growth pattern if your lawn and adjust its cutting schedule automatically
- Both lawn mowers can manage up to 4 zones
- Both lawn mowers use lithium battery technology for longer mowing times and 4 to 5 year replacement intervals
- Both lawn mowers have a built in alarm
- Both lawn mowers can handle slopes up to 27 degrees right out of the box
LawnBott LB3510 robotic lawn mower advantages are:
- Can mow up to 30-degree slopes with wide notched wheels
- Has a smarter mainboard for improved slope/hill management plus several other perks related to improved software and hardware
- Has a double lithium battery (but cost more to replace)
- More powerful blade motor and drive motors
- Extra 2 inches in cutting width (larger blade, but costs $7.50 more to replace)
- Better multiple zone control (docking zone can be small, or turned off to be placed under deck or concealed area)
- Can mow 0.625 inch higher than the LB3210 (3.125 inches)
- Can mow 2-acre lawns when upgraded to LawnBott LB3550
- Handle shuts blade off when touched
- Easier to work on for repairs (Yes, you can repair it yourself without voiding the warranty with unlimited supports from LawnBotts.com.)
- Improved bump sensor system
LawnBott LB3210 Evolution robotic lawn mower advantages are:
- Smaller and lighter weight
- Can mow in areas more narrow than the LB3510
- Has a strong, proven track record for being one of the most reliable robotic lawn mowers available
- Has been on the market far longer than the LawnBott LB3510 - fewer bugs
- Comes with a remote control
- Has a single lithium battery to replace (replacement cost in mind)
- Cost less to own and operate in the long term than a LawnBott LB3510
LawnBott LB3510 robotic lawn mower disadvantages are:
- Upfront cost maybe steeper than what some can afford
- Bluetooth set up not operational yet (optional accessory in the works)
- Battery cost twice as much to replace (it is two of the LB3210's batteries put together)
- Blade cost a little more to replace
LawnBott LB3210 Evolution robotic lawn mower disadvantages are:
- Peaks out at 1.25 acre lots (or 40,000 sq. ft. of actual grass)
- Zone management not as flexible as the LawnBott LB3510 (dock must be in largest zone)
- Bumper switches may need cleaning with a can of compressed air every other year or so
(older switch technology)
So what do we conclude? Larger yards may simply require the LawnBott LB3510 but with lawn requirements put aside:
- If you'd like the best, most feature oriented robotic lawn mower with the latest technology, the LawnBott LB3510 is the clear winner.
- If long term overall cost is a top concern, the LawnBott LB3210 will cost less to own than a LawnBott LB3510. However, both mowers will save you money in the long term when compared to a lawn service or a riding lawn mower.
- If future upgrade ability is important, the LawnBott LB3510 will likely get the most updates and add-on as time goes by.
- If you have a large lawn, going brushless is highly recommended. So far, only the LB3510 / LB3550 has the brushless motor option.
If you have any questions about robotic lawn mowers, please feel free to contact us at anytime.